This event has been held for June 2021 on Saturday, June 12, 2021, with theme “Prepare Your Career, Prepare Your Future.” This activity was organized by the Career Development Laboratory and Alumni Center FEB Unsoed, in collaboration with the Alumni family of the Unsoed Faculty of Economics and Business (KAFE). The purpose of this activity is to prepare alumni to be ready to face the world of work.
The activity, which 86 participants attended, took place from 09.00 – 11.30 WIB through the media zoom meeting. Triani Arofah and Afifah Argiyantari guided this activity as MC. This activity began with reading the rules for the alumni briefing and singing the Indonesia Raya anthem—then followed by remarks of Cut Misni Mulasiwi, S.Pd., M.Pd. as chairman of the committee, Dr. Dwita Darmawati, S.E., M.Sc., as the head of the Career Development Laboratory and Alumni FEB Unsoed, and Prof. Dr. Suliyanto, MM., as the Dean of FEB Unsoed.
In today’s briefing event, the moderator was Ramita Kholifaturohmah, S.Pd., M.Pd, and the first speaker was Arbi Wienandar, S.E., MBA. He is an alumnus of FEB Unsoed, who works as Ancillary Country Head at Air Asia and the second speaker Vika Himawanti Suprapto, SE., C.PS., C.NHRP. She is also an alumnus of FEB Unsoed. Now, she is the Owner and Director of PT. VCTAMA MITRA SOLUSIND.
At the beginning of the presentation of the material, the first speaker was Arbi Wienandar, S.E., MBA., and he conveyed that we do not stop learning and we must continue to add knowledge and experience. In the world of work, you don’t just have to be a graduate but still have quality because many companies are looking for quality graduates. 8 out of 10 companies in Indonesia have difficulty finding graduates who are ready to use or qualified. At the time of the pandemic, finding work became difficult, so that it required preparation ten times more than last year before the pandemic.
He conveyed the current challenges:
- The disrupted labor market has changed so much that it must improve the qualification standards of human resources needed in the industrial era 4.0.
- The higher the competence to enter the world of work, the competition in joining and being competent in position is getting more challenging in globalization.
- The gap in the quality of college graduates with needs is due to the lack of material prepared in universities to face competition in the world of work.
Then he said that four things must be provided after becoming an alumnus:
- Design a resume target by showing achievements that have been achieved, relevant to what is being applied for, and focusing on the best qualities.
- Knowing the intended career.
- Find the right job with a career path and role and determine the company starting from the boss, credibility, and culture.
- Interviews must like professionals from previous interviewing experiences and networking.
According to the second speaker Vika Himawanti Suprapto, SE., C.PS., C.NHRP. said that a career is a tiered job. Careers are not just people who work in buildings and organizations. A person has the choice of a career as an entrepreneur or an employee. When entering the world of work, you need hard skills and soft skills because it is an additional fundamental attribute.
Then she also conveyed career preparation tips:
- Define a vision.
- Know yourself by knowing your strengths and weaknesses.
- Determine passion and finally expand networking.
After the presentation of the material from the speakers, then we do discuss. In that session, participants were very enthusiastic about asking several things related to a good CV and interview. In closing, there is a short speech to motivate alumnus by Dr. Purwanto, SE, MSc as the chairman of KAFE Unsoed. (By Rani-HRE 2021)